King Prawn and Noodle Stir Fry
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Serves: 2 Adults and 2 children
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Chinese 5 spice
- Boil kettle and prepare stock.
- Cut carrot, peppers and courgettes into matchsticks and chop the onion and mushrooms and crush the garlic
- Add noodles to boiling water.
- Heat tablespoon of olive oil in wok or large pan. Add onion and garlic and fry for a couple of minutes, add peppers and fry for a couple of minutes. If you feel the vegetables catching add tablespoon of stock, add carrots and fry for a couple of minutes, add courgette and mushrooms, fry for a couple of mins. Continue to add stock to keep pan from drying up and avoid using too much oil, Add beansprouts and prawns to heat through,
- Add noodles to wok and stir through.
- Add a few tablespoons of soya sauce and sweet chilli sauce, a teaspoon of chinese five spice and enough stock to prevent noodles from sticking.
I like to serve this stirfy with toasted pitta breads. Halved they make a great pocket to fill with the tasty noodles.
I made this recipe with dried noodles but you could make it even easier by using a packet of fresh rice noodles. (one less pot to wash).
Try clicking on the link below for more stir fry ideas: